Our Resort is Near Waterbury, CT, Lake Compounce & More
Set in the scenic, serene Litchfield Hills of western Connecticut, the Heritage Resort is close to a wide variety of attractions. Discover historic, cultural or natural sites. Equidistant to both Westchester County Airport and Bradley International Airport, you will love our location in Southbury— a picture-perfect town reflecting the background of America's heritage.
From Quassy Park to Lake Compounce
- Audubon Bent of the River is located right here in Southbury. The Audubon is open seven days a week from dawn to dusk and is a picturesque tour of the wildlife and scenery that call Southbury home.
- Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury is a famous spot for families and children to have a blast! Exciting and fun-filled rides and attractions include swimming and boating on beautiful Lake Quassapaug as well as Saturation Station—home of the giant Tunnel Twister water slides—make Quassy a high priority family destination for a day of affordable fun.
- Woodbury Ski Area, right next door in Woodbury, is a wonderful winter stop for snow tubing and lots of other fun winter activities.
- The Charles Ives Center in nearby Danbury features hiking trails and picnic groves along with an open-air amphitheater where you can enjoy outstanding concerts throughout the summer months.
- The American Clock & Watch Museum in Bristol displays more than 3,000 timepieces in an 1801 house. The Edward Ingraham Memorial wing traces Bristol's clock-making history.
- Mohawk Mountain in Cornwall is a great local mountain for the family that loves to ski and has been the number-one ski spot in the area since 1947.
For Adults & Couples
- The Connecticut Wine Trail, starting just minutes from The Heritage, is a must for the wine aficionado in all of us.
- Connecticut Antique Trail in neighboring Woodbury is the antiquing capital of Connecticut.