Riverwalk Athletic Club
Southbury’s Premier Fitness Center
8/11-8/25/19 Our Outside Heated Salt Water Pool is open while our Indoor Pool and Hot Tub will be closed for Maintenance during this time frame.
The 8,000 square foot world class Athletic Center features indoor and outdoor heated salt water swimming pools, hot tub, steam room, sauna, men’s and ladies’ locker rooms with showers, plus state-of-the-art strength and core and cardio equipment. The professional staff offer personal training, group exercise classes, yoga and aqua classes, high intensity training, Zumba, stretch and tone classes and a program personally developed by the Athletic Club Director and known as “Yoqua” (an aqua class that incorporates weights, high intensity and yoga). There are pedal bikes for rentals and miles of hiking and biking trails immediately around the hotel. Annual, seasonal and monthly membership programs are available.
We're proud to help you make a positive change in your life. Whether you're looking to sweat it out with intense cardio classes or to ease your muscles and your mind with relaxing time-outs in our sauna and steam rooms, we have all the tools to improve your wellness and wellbeing.
Strength and Core
One True Stretch
Two Espresso bikes
Two Schwinn bikes
Two Cybex Arc trainers
Two rowing machines
One Cybex upright bike
One Cybex recumbent bike
One Precor elliptical
One Octane elliptical
One Octane Lateral X
One Octane XRide
Healing and Relaxation
Heated salt-water indoor and outdoor pools
No long term obligations. No annual fees. Just you and the Riverwalk Athletic Club. One-month* memberships are just what you need at $99 per month.
Our best deal! This plan is for motivated people who know it takes commitment to achieve results and are looking for the most cost-effective way to keep up with that dedication. Our monthly payment plans make for convenience and ease. Add a family member for a discounted monthly fee. Just $69 for one; $59 for each additional member.
Everything you need to stay fit and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle with no commitment or hidden fees.
*Three months, $267
*Six months, $474
(*One month membership not valid May 1 to Labor Day, prorated Monthly summer rate is available)
(*3 and 6 month memberships not valid from April 1 to Labor Day)
Ask about Corporate and Summer memberships.
All Routes Start at the Main Driveway Entrance of the Heritage
Bike rentals are available for $10 plus tax.
Blue Route- Walk/Jog/Bike
- Take a right out of the Heritage onto Heritage Road and North Poverty Road and proceed to the stop sign.
- Take a right onto route 67 and make your second right onto Crook Horn Road (horse stables).
- Follow Crook Horn Road and eventually turn right onto Old Field Road.
- Proceed along Old Field Road past Ballantine Park and proceed to the traffic light.
- Take a right onto Heritage Road and proceed back to the Heritage.
Mileage Total = 3.9 miles. Relatively flat with varied terrain along the route.
Purple Route- Walk/Jog/Bike
Take a left out of the Heritage.
Proceed to the second light and then turn around.
Proceed back down the Heritage Road to the Heritage.
Mileage Total = 2.2 miles. Very flat route. Perfect for light jog or bike ride.
Red Route- Long Run or Bike Ride
- Take a right out of the Heritage and proceed along North Poverty Road to the stop sign.
- Take a left onto route 67 and proceed to the route 172 intersection.
- Take a left onto route 172 and proceed along into and through South Britain to the Main Street South intersection and traffic light.
- Take a left onto Main Street and proceed to the second street on the left (Old Field Road).
- Proceed on Old Field Road, go through the stop sign and go to the traffic light.
- Take a left onto Heritage Road and proceed back to the Heritage.
Mileage Total = 9.0 miles. Varied terrain and quite a few hills (some steep).
Lime Green Route – Walk/Jog/Bike
- Take a left out of the Heritage onto Heritage Road.
- Take a right onto Hillhouse Road.
- Go pass Country Tavern onto East Hill Road.
- Follow East Hill Road to the end and make a right onto New Wheeler Road.
- Tale new Wheeler Road to the end and make a right onto North Poverty Road, and back to the Heritage.
Mileage Total = 2.5 miles. Very hilly route, a couple of the hills are steep.
Orange Route – Walk/Jog/Bike
- Take a left out of the Heritage onto Heritage Road and proceed to the second light.
- Take a left onto route 6/67 and proceed along route 6/67 until the next set of traffic lights.
- Turn left onto route 67 and proceed to the 2nd street on the left.
- Take a left onto North Poverty Road and follow it to the Heritage Road, and back to the Heritage.
Mileage Total = 3.9 miles. Basically a flat route with a couple of small hills.
Green Route – Walk/Jog/Bike
- Take a left out of the Heritage and proceed to the first set of traffic lights.
- Take a right onto Old Field Road and proceed to the stop sign.
- Take a right onto Poverty Road and proceed into Ewald Park, where you will find a ¼ mile exercise loop.
- Take a right out of the park, cross the bridge and take a right onto Poverty Road, proceed back to the Heritage Road.
- Take a left at the stop sign onto the Heritage Road and proceed back to the Heritage
Mileage Total = 2.1 miles. Relatively flat with minor hills along the route.
Want to add some fun to your workout? Join one of our fitness classes!
Open Monday-Friday 5:30am-10pm; Saturday and Sunday 10am-6pm.
Call the Riverwalk at 203.267.2697